Winter has finally arrived! Here in the sunshine state, we welcome the dropping temperature that comes with winter. It is a lovely break from our usual scorching hot temperatures. So, bring on the hot chocolate, blankets, and comfy sweaters. It’s time to celebrate!
Want to create a winter wonderland indoors? Gobo monogram lighting is the perfect way to do this! You can put snowflakes or other wintry patterns in lights on the wall or floor. This is a great way to transform any room! http://rentmywedding.com/Monogram-Lighting
It gets pretty chilly during winter, why not have your guests warm up with a nice cocktail?
Here’s how to create the perfect Hot Cocoa Martini:
For 2 Servings:
1 Packet hot cocoa mix
1 Cup milk
3 oz. Whipped cream vodka
1 oz. Buttershots caramel liqueur
Simmer the milk in a pot and whisk in the cocoa mix until fully blended. Refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the prepared cocoa to a cocktail shaker along with the vodka and caramel liqueur. Fill with ice, shake well and pour into cocktail glasses. Garnish with some marshmallows, and you’re all set!
I found this drink on acocktaillife.com and thought it was the perfect way to warm up on a chilly winter night.
One way to celebrate winter without breaking the bank is to incorporate pine tree branches into your décor! Try creating these simple yet elegant looking ideas using pine branches – these are sure to be a hit at your next winter event:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- a prepared cake – layered if desired
- pine branches
- pine cones
- a thin slice of a tree – as an optional decorative serving tray
To create this look you would need to:
- place the cake onto your thinly sliced wood slab
- stack the prepared cake to the desired shape
- Thinly ice the cake with desired icing flavor – this would work with any color – however white looks the most elegant
- finally decorate your cake with the desired amount of pine branches and pine cones and you’re finished!
Here’s another great way to decorate with pine branches, incorporate them into your centerpieces:
Here is what you will need:
- glass vases
- pine branches
All you need to do is:
- wrap burlap around the bottom of the glass vase
- then wrap twine around the burlap tying it off in a bow
- then fill the vase with the desired amount of pine branches
- next place the candle in the vase
Well-ah! You have a beautifully simple and elegant centerpiece!
Here are some places where you can find pine branches:
Featured Image: Stars Wedding Decor
Snowflake Gobo & Lighting: Bright Ideas Event Coordinator
Chocolate Marshmallow Martini: A Cocktail Life
Branch Cake & Candle Centerpiece: AislePerfect