The cool breeze brushes against your cheeks, warm colored leaves trickle down to the ground, scarecrows and ghoulish creatures lurk in the front yards of your neighbors. That can only mean one thing: FALL IS HERE! Bring on the pumpkins and all of the comforts of autumn. Here are a couple of fabulous ideas for your Fall Festivities!
We rent uplights for $19/each plus free shipping both ways. They’re very easy to program especially to any fall festive colors! http://rentmywedding.com/Wireless-Uplighting
Get creative with your decorations this year! Instead of getting an extravagant serving tray to feed your famished guests or purchasing cute decorations for your event, use some natural fall decor!
One way to spice up your serving tray is to use a pumpkin as a container to hold your dip. Here’s what you have to do:
- Just simply cut off the top of the pumpkin
- Remove the slimy guts (don’t forget to save the seeds for snacking!)
- Let the pumpkin inside dry out for a bit
- Once it is done drying: simply pour in your dip and you have a beautiful serving container!
Are you having place cards at your venue? One way to make cute fall place cards without breaking the bank is to just use a pine cone. It’s as simple as that! Just grab your nearest pine cone and saw a slit into the top, write out the name of the guest on a card, then simply slide the card in the pine cone and you are finished!
Another wonderful decoration that you could create with ease is glittered acorns. Here’s what you will need:
- red, gold, silver, and brown glitter
- a paint brush
- lots of paper towels (this could get messy!)
- a spray clear coat (optional)
Once you have collected all of your supplies here is what you need to do:
- hold the acorn firmly by the top
- apply a thick coat of glue evenly around the bottom of the acorn
- roll the glued acorn into the desired color of glitter
- if desired apply a clear coat spray on the acorns, this will ensure that the glitter will not come off easily
- let the acorns dry over night
Once you are done with your acorns, you can scatter them along a table top or collect them in a glass bowl.
Featured Image: Pioneer Settler
Lighting (Reception Room): Bespoke Events London
Pine Cones: AutumnBlaze77