Imagine yourself sitting Oceanside with a cocktail in hand. You feel the warm sun on your skin and the cool ocean breeze tousling your hair. You don’t have a care in the world. Who would object to such a relaxing day? Most people sit in their office chairs at work dreaming about doing just that. Well, why not make a party out of it?! With a few easy tips and tricks I can tell you just how to achieve this look.
Instead of going over the top and trying to buy a whole mess of things for a tropical party, go simple! Use DIY methods to perfectly compliment your event!
Using palm fronds and other vegetation gives the perfect tropical feel to any event! This simple solution gives a wonderful tropical vibe and can also look elegant at the same time. The best part about this is: all you have to do is take a stroll to collect your place settings! For all of you non-Floridians out there, here is another great way to achieve the palm frond look:
Just make sure to remove all the creepy crawlies from real palm fronds before placing them on the table. You wouldn’t want any tiny unwanted guests to ruin the party!
When decorating your table why not put a creative spin on it? Using pineapples will give your tables a refreshing look and adding some additional color will really give your event a creative edge. Plus, creating this look is so simple. Why not try it? Just take a sponge tipped painting tool to add color and you’re done. Simple as that!
Fruit serving tray:
This is personally my favorite idea! Using pineapples to create a mini palm tree serving tray is a great way to impress your guests.
All you need is:
- 4 to 5 pineapples
- Palm fronds
- PVC pipe, 1 inch by 24 inches
- PVC table cap, 1 inch
- Wood screws
- 12-inch wood disk, 3/4 inches thick
- Wooden skewers
- Aluminum foil
- Serving platter
- PVC pipe cutter (optional)
After you gather your materials you would need to:
- Screw PVC Table Cap to the Wood Base
- Cut PVC pipe if necessary
- Insert the PVC Pipe in the PVC Table Cap
- Cover with the PVC pipe with Aluminum Foil
- Slice the Tops and Bottoms of the Pineapples off
- Core the Pineapples making a hole for the PVC pipe
- Place the Base on a Serving Platter
- Insert the First Pineapple (Place wooden skewers in between to secure pineapples)
- Continue Stacking the Pineapples to desired height
- Insert the Palm Fronds into PVC pipe at top when “palm tree” is desired height
- Cover the Base where the pineapple sits
- You’re done! Add some yummy snacks to your new creation!
Now, go and enjoy your very own tropical paradise!